Ride to Pitt from Philadelphia
We’re making it as easy as possible for you to visit Pitt, but our offer is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up
- For the free bus ride. Indicate on your registration form that you would like to take advantage of the bus trip. Also contact, Tessa Ludin, Jane Byus, or Kate Snyder to confirm your seats for our free bus ride on February 26, to our World of Possibilities Program. The bus will be fully funded by Pitt, but you will be asked to provide a credit card number to reserve your place. The $40 deposit will not be charged to your credit card provided you attend the program or cancel your reservation on or before February 20 at 5 p.m. Please note that you must be accompanied on this trip by a parent or guardian. Contact Tessa Ludin at email@example.com or 412-624-7711, Jane Byus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-7717, or Kate Snyder at email@example.com or 412-624-7783.
- Overnight accommodations, as guests of the University of Pittsburgh, are at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Contact the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place at 412-683-2040, and identify yourself as a member of the World of Possibilities group in order to have Pitt cover your room cost. To book your reservation, you will be required to provide your credit card information. Your credit card will only be charged in the event that you decide not to attend the program and you do not cancel your hotel reservation 24 hours prior to your stay. (Note: the University will cover room and room taxes for one room. Room service, phone charges, parking, and other costs you choose to incur will be your responsibility).
- Ride to Pitt – 10 a.m. on Sunday, February 26 from Philadelphia Amtrak Station
- At the Philadelphia Amtrak Station (2955 Market Street and 30th Street Station), a representative of the University of Pittsburgh will meet you and your parent(s)/guardian. Please arrive early as the bus leaves promptly at 10 a.m.
- Our bus will leave for the University of Pittsburgh at 10 a.m. and arrive at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place at approximately 4:30 p.m.
- We will be offering dinner, a dance show, and a Discover Pittsburgh bus tour starting at 6 p.m. on Sunday night in Alumni Hall. Please make sure you sign up on your registration form if you will be attending the event.
- Please check out of the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place the next morning before coming to the program. Please pack your bags, as you will not be returning to the hotel. We will store your bags in the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid during the World of Possibilities Program.
- Attend the World of Possibilities Program – 8 a.m. on February 27 in Alumni Hall on the University of Pittsburgh campus, next to the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place.
- Ride Home – 4:45 p.m. on Monday, February 27
- At 4:45 p.m. our bus will pick you up at the University of Pittsburgh campus and return you to the Philadelphia Amtrak station.
- We will provide box dinners for your trip.