The UPMC Scholars Program is a commitment between the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC to increase diverse nursing talent.
Along with an exceptional tuition-free scholarship from a world-class program, successful UPMC Scholars will be guaranteed a graduate nurse role at one of UPMC’s nationally recognized hospitals (with plenty of mentorship along the way). The program requires academic rigor along with a three year, post-graduation work commitment with UPMC.
This program is by invitation only. Students must be admitted to the School of Nursing and are required to visit campus March 22-24 for consideration for this prestigious new scholarship. Students will also be required to submit an essay for consideration for the UPMC Scholarship. Essays must answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen nursing as a career path?
- How did you become interested in the field?
Essays must be emailed to Julia Ehlis at email@example.com by March 15.
Arrive on campus March 22
The University of Pittsburgh will reimburse all travel for students and families to and from the campus.
UPMC Visit March 23
- Interact with key UPMC leadership in nursing, human resources, and operations.
- Tour our state of the art facilities to learn more about the impact our nurses have.
- State of the art technology
- State of the art care centers
- Learn details about the tuition-free arrangement and employment guarantee between UPMC and Pitt.
- Dinner with the School of Nursing.
- Get an up-close look at the School of Nursing.
- Get information on our 400+ student groups, Pitt’s internship guarantee, undergraduate research, and other outside the classroom opportunities.
- Tour campus and the city of Pittsburgh with a Pitt Pathfinder, a currently enrolled student.
- Ask student affairs staff your questions about career services, residence life, and more.
- Hear from recent Pitt graduates about the value of their Pitt degree.
- Learn about financial aid and payment options.
- Discuss what happens next in the enrollment process.
Admitted Student Day March 24
To register for the UPMC Visit, please contact our Visitor Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-7717. We will also automatically register you for Admitted Student Day on March 24. Registration closes March 19. Please read the full guidelines for reimbursement before finalizing your travel plans. Students MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian to stay in the hotel and receive reimbursement.