If you live 50 miles or more outside of the Pittsburgh area, we will provide overnight accommodations (cost of room and tax) for you and your parent(s) or guardian(s) for the nights of Thursday, March 22 and Friday, March 23. You are responsible for making your hotel reservation
- Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
- Call reservation assistant Mara Cerro: 412-682-6251
- Indicate Pitt Admissions nursing group
- Personal credit card required to reserve your room in case of cancellation or incidentals
Students MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian to stay in the hotel and receive reimbursement. When making hotel reservations, we ask that you please make them in the student’s first and last name.
The University will reimburse your transportation to and from campus and per diem meal expenses. To be reimbursed for your travel expenses, follow these steps:
- Submit all original receipts for your travel expenses. Receipts can be mailed to:
University of Pittsburgh
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
4227 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Original receipts must be received by April 6, 2018.
- Submit a W-9 form in the student’s name. *Please note that you will need your Social Security number to complete the W-9 form. W-9 forms can be submitted the day of the program or e-mailed to Julia Ehlis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receipts are required for reimbursements. Reimbursements include:
- Taxi/parking/toll fees (receipts required)
- Airfare, bus fare, or train fare and baggage charges (receipts required)
- Rental car (for dates not exceeding one day prior and one day after the program, receipt required)
- Mileage (we will not accept mileage for rental cars, gas receipts are NOT required in order to request reimbursement for mileage)
- The University will calculate mileage rates
- Meals (receipts required)
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on Friday and Saturday, March 23-24. Dinner is provided on Friday evening, March 23.
- The maximum reimbursement for dinner each day is $24 per person per day for three days maximum, for example:
- A student and two family members have dinner on Thursday and Saturday evening. Three meals multiplied by two days = $144
- Please allow at least 6-8 weeks processing time before your reimbursement is mailed to you.
Note: If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
Per NCAA guidelines, prospective student athletes are not eligible to take advantage of the UPMC Scholars visit, this includes anyone who has arranged a meeting with varsity athletic staff during their visit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would be happy to arrange an alternative visit type for you and your family.