We’re so excited to host you for a Personalized Visit. In order to reimburse you for some of your travel expenses, we need to you to follow these guidelines.
We will book your room for the night prior to your visit and reimburse part of your travel expenses – reimbursement may be up to $250 for students residing within 1,000 miles of Pitt and may be up to $500 for students residing 1,000 miles or farther from Pitt.
Qualifying travel expenses include:
- Plane, train, or bus tickets for the prospective student only (receipt must have ticket number)
- Transportation fees (Taxi/Uber/Lyft)
- Vehicle mileage (for personal vehicles only, not rental cars)
- Fuel expenses (for rental cars only, not personal vehicles)
- Meals during travel to and from Pittsburgh (up to $54 per diem, receipts required)
All receipts may only be accepted with a date for the day before and the day of your visit.
In order for us to process your reimbursement in a timely manner, we need you to provide us with the following:
- Completed W-9 form in the student’s name (the student must have a SSN or tax ID to complete the form and receive reimbursement)
- All original receipts for travel expenses must be mailed within two weeks of your visit
Please work with the Enrollment Services Manager who is coordinating your Personalized Visit to process your reimbursement.