Visiting campus is one of the best ways to determine which college is right for you. You are invited to an event designed just for high-achieving African American, American Indian, Hispanic, and Pacific Islander admitted students.
Like colleges nationwide, the University of Pittsburgh strives to recruit a diverse student population. At Pitt, you’ll find a supportive and inclusive culture in an engaging, city environment. Our unique student body – combined with incredible academic opportunities – will help you find your fit. If you have been admitted to Pitt, this visit is for you!
Multicultural Visit Program
Please check back at a later date.
We are so confident that you will love Pitt that we want to pay for your travel and hotel accommodations for this special event. You have two options to choose from:
- Arrange your own travel to Pitt and request reimbursement (up to $500 for students traveling from 1,000 miles or more and up to $250 for students traveling from 999 miles or less)
- Register for a bus ride from Philadelphia, PA or Greenbelt, MD
During your visit, you can expect to:
- Learn about all of the doors a Pitt education can open for you.
- Visit each of our freshmen entry schools to learn about the variety of academic programs offered at Pitt.
- See Pittsburgh for yourself on city and campus tours with Pitt Pathfinders, our current student tour guides.
- Talk about diversity with senior administrators.
The majority of program events will be held on Monday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We hope you will join us on Sunday night from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for dinner, a financial aid presentation, and a diversity student organization fair. If you have questions, please contact our Visitor Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-7717.
Please note: Students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for this visit.
Per NCAA guidelines, prospective student athletes are not eligible to take advantage of MVP visits, this includes anyone who has arranged a meeting with varsity athletic staff during their visit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would be happy to arrange an alternative visit type for you and your family.