Please note: The following information applies only to those who have received an official reimbursement invitation.
The University will reimburse your Admitted Student Day travel and per diem meal expenses (up to $500 for students traveling from 1,000 miles or more and up to $250 for students traveling from 999 miles or less). Reimbursement is limited to one request per student. To be reimbursed for your travel expenses, follow these steps:
- Submit all original receipts for your travel expenses. Receipts can be mailed to:
University of Pittsburgh
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
4227 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Original receipts must be received within three weeks of your visit date.
- Submit a W-9 form in the student’s name. *Please note that you will need your Social Security number to complete the W-9 form. W-9 forms can be submitted the day of the program or e-mailed to Selena Walsh at email@example.com.
- Receipts are required for reimbursements. Reimbursements include:
- Hotel (one night stay only)
- Taxi/parking/toll fees (receipts required)
- Airfare, bus fare, or train fare and baggage charges (receipts required)
- Rental car (for dates not exceeding one day prior and one day after the program, receipt required)
- Mileage (we will not accept mileage for rental cars, gas receipts are NOT required in order to request reimbursement for mileage)
- The University will calculate mileage based on the IRS standard mileage rate.
- Meals (receipts required for dates not exceeding one day prior and one day after the program)
- The maximum reimbursement for total meal amount per day is $51 unless breakfast or lunch are provided.
- Please allow at least 6-8 weeks processing time before your reimbursement is mailed to you.
Please be advised, we are only able to reimburse expenses for one visit to campus per student.
Any questions or concerns about Admitted Student Day reimbursement can be directed to Selena Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-2315.
Note: If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
Per NCAA guidelines, prospective student athletes are not eligible to take advantage of campus visit reimbursements, this includes anyone who has arranged a meeting with varsity athletic staff during their visit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would be happy to arrange an alternative visit type for you and your family.