The University of Pittsburgh Panther Advantage Summer Start (PittPASS) is an exclusive opportunity for you to get a head start on your collegiate career this summer.
- Complete six credits in the summer in general education requirements which will improve your fall schedule options
- Master the Pitt campus quickly and easily with on-campus living at the center of Pitt’s campus
- Explore Pittsburgh and you’ll be comfortable creating your own adventures in the fall term
Watch this video and learn more about getting a head start on your Pitt degree.
In six weeks this summer, you’ll have many advantages for the fall term. Classes begin June 26. The deadline to register is May 1, 2017. PittPASS is only offered to students enrolled in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences.
Every PittPASS student will take six credits of your choice. Student Affairs will also offer weekly group study time to build and encourage good academic habits.
PittPASS students will enjoy on-campus living in one of the housing options for freshmen in the center of lower campus. Dining will include $1,050 dining dollars with access to a variety of options. Remaining dining dollars may be rolled over to the fall term.
PittPASS students must attend a PittStart session prior to June 26. Students will move in between 1 and 5 p.m. on June 24.
Explore Pittsburgh and the Pitt Campus! PittPASS kicks off after move-in with orientation on June 24. Representatives from Student Affairs and the Dietrich School will talk about what to expect from PittPASS. Afterwards, you’re invited to an evening activity to help you get to know your classmates better!
- One of the benefits of arriving on campus early, is not only do you get familiar with the campus when it’s less crowded, but you will interact with student leaders on campus. Resident Assistants and First Year Mentors are all here to make sure your first college experience is a great one!
- On Friday June 30th, you will travel with your Resident Assistants and First Year Mentors to beautiful PNC Park to tailgate and cheer for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Get to know Pittsburgh beyond Oakland by participating in a service project with the office of PittServes.
- Pittsburgh has so much to offer. More details still to come, but we will be organizing something to get you excited whether you are an art lover, or just want to find out more!
- Apart from our planned programs, there are many free opportunities in Pittsburgh over the summer. Your Pitt Student ID doubles as a bus pass and you can explore all of the unique neighborhoods around Pittsburgh. For example, every Sunday and Wednesday in the summer, there are movies in Schenley Park, right next to campus.
PittPASS gives incoming freshmen an advantage and is only available to students enrolling in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences. Six credits, on-campus housing, and incredible opportunities to explore Pitt and Pittsburgh ahead of the full Pitt Class of 2021 are just some of the perks of PittPASS.
In addition, students who successfully complete the program will be awarded a $300 Book Award for the fall term. This is a one-year award redeemable at the University Store on Fifth for textbooks and supplies.
Limited financial aid is available. Contact us to learn more.
|PA Residents||Out-of-state Residents|
|Computer Networking Fee||$100||$100|
|Room and Board||$2,500||$2,500|
|PittPASS Total Cost||$5,474||$5,666|
Registration deadline is May 1.