Do you love Pitt? Do you want to share some of that love? We are seeking dependable and driven students to tell their Pitt story on social media platforms for prospective students and their families.
Up to eight undergraduate students will be selected to form a team of ambassadors from diverse academic and personal backgrounds. This team’s mission will be to enhance prospective students’ knowledge of opportunities and day-to-day life at Pitt. Participants get to explore the campus and city while developing skills in storytelling, social media communications, and teamwork.
Hours will be flexible. We expect participants to attend occasional meetings, but the bulk of the work and reporting will be done remotely. For this reason, we are seeking students who are professional, dependable, self-motivated, and know the Pitt community well. Work study applicants welcome!
We’ll expect you to:
- Tell your unique Pitt story authentically and creatively.
- Complete specific assigned missions throughout the semester.
- Maintain Pitt branded social media platforms and make regular posts that give followers a taste of life at Pitt, from the day-to-day details to major events and milestones.
We’ll give you:
- A public platform to share your thoughts and experiences.
- Training and resume-building experience with social media communications, teamwork, storytelling, customer service, and more.
- Opportunities to meet and network with Pitt campus administrators and department representatives.
- Money (yes, this is a paid position)!
Sounds like your kind of thing? Get more information and apply here.