Are you a Pittsburgh Public School student who attends Westinghouse or University Prep hoping to pursue the Pittsburgh Promise scholarship? Or interested in college but wanting some structure to help you achieve that goal?
The Pittsburgh Admissions Collaboration is here to help.
This program provides a pathway to admission to the Community College of Allegheny County and the University of Pittsburgh. Along the way, we will also work to help you become Promise eligible.
The Pittsburgh Admissions Collaboration is a partnership between Pittsburgh Public Schools, Community College of Allegheny County, and the University of Pittsburgh.
How it works
PAC participants spend one to two years in the Community College of Allegheny County – the length of time depends on the degree program you choose. If you successfully meet all of the program requirements, you’ll transfer to the University of Pittsburgh and finish your bachelor’s degree.
Who we serve
Currently, students in 9th-12th grade at University Prep and Westinghouse are eligible to participate in PAC programming, with special emphasis on students in the We Promise program. We also offer programming for middle school students in the Higher Achievement program. Our goal is to open PAC up to all students in Pittsburgh Public Schools who are We Promise eligible (or are nominated by their school counselor to participate).
- Programming and resources for academic success, college selection, financial literacy, and life skills.
- Free social and cultural events.
- Mentorship from current university students.
- Support all the way from high school to your college graduation.
- Your books will be covered for four years in college.
- Your Pitt ID or P2 card gives you the keys to the city – you can ride public transportation for free.
- Priority scholarship consideration.
- Admission to the University of Pittsburgh campus of your choice, if transfer requirements have been met.
Get in Touch