Once you have been offered financial aid, there are steps you must take to ensure that you are informed about your aid and how to maintain it.

Student Service Introduction

As a student, you have the right to accept, reduce, or decline any aid you are offered. To make these changes, please visit your Student Center portal.

Master Promissory Note/Entrance Counseling

If you wish to accept the Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans, please complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling through the Federal Direct Loan Program’s website. These forms will inform you of your rights and responsibilities regarding your student loan. Let one of our Financial Aid Counselors walk you through completing the Master Promissory Note and the Entrance Counseling.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

In order to maintain your financial aid, you must make satisfactory academic progress each academic year.

Managing Your Student Account

The Student Payment Center manages student accounts and PittPAY, the student financial portal where you can view all of your student account activity and due date, make online payments, enroll in payment plans, grant access to your Authorized Users, and update your student refund preferences. Visit the Student Payment Center website for information that will help you manage your financial obligations and maintain excellent financial and academic progress. Topics include:

  • Understanding your student account
  • Due dates
  • Payment options, payment plans, and international payments
  • Granting access to others so they can view and make payments on your account
  • Setting up eRefunds, so we can send money to you from your student account