To be eligible for financial aid consideration, you must meet the following requirements.

  1. Be a U.S. citizen or provide documentation of permanent resident or refugee status. International, non-degree seeking and visiting students are not eligible for financial aid.
  2. Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at the University. (Students enrolled for less than half-time are sometimes eligible for a federal Pell grant.)
    • Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term for undergraduates and 9 credits per term for graduates.
    • Half time enrollment is a minimum of 6 credits per term for undergraduates and 4.5 per term for graduates.
  3. Be registered with the Selective Service, if eligible.
  4. Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan.
  5. Current students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress toward their degree and be in good academic standing.

Graduate Student Eligibility

Graduate Students who are enrolled at least half-time basis are generally eligible for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan (graduate students are not eligible for Direct Subsidized funds), the Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan, and/or the Private Educational Loan. Graduate students planning on using loans should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and may also check with their specific graduate school for scholarship opportunities.

Summer Students

If you are planning on taking classes in the summer, please contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Because the summer term is part of the fall/spring academic year and is considered a trailer semester, eligibility for financial aid during this term may be limited if you have used most or all of your aid during the fall and spring terms. If you are interested in using the Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan, you may complete the Summer Loan Application.