The University of Pittsburgh is where knowledge begins, ideas flourish, and people work together to create a better future. And it’s earned us some impressively high praise.
Our reputation speaks for itself. But others chime in, too.
- Pitt is one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduate education, according to The Princeton Review’s 2018 edition of its annual college guide, “The Best 382 Colleges.” It also calls Pitt one of 50 “Colleges That Create Futures.”
- Pitt consistently ranks in the top 25 among U.S. public universities in U.S. News & World Report’s annual “America’s Best Colleges” listing.
- Globally, Pitt is among the Top 100 universities and the #1 public university in the northeastern U.S. according to The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2018 rankings.
- For the 12th consecutive year, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance ranks Pitt as the top value among all public colleges and universities in Pennsylvania and The Princeton Review ranks Pitt as one of their “Top Colleges That Pay You Back.”
- Pitt ranks ninth among public universities in the U.S. National Science Foundation’s ranking of federally funded science and engineering research.
- Pitt is a 2017 Military Friendly School according to Victory Media.