Physical Therapy Guarantee—School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of Pittsburgh tied for first in the nation in the latest edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools. We enjoy this prestigious acknowledgement as a result of our strong academic program, our renowned faculty, and our clinical partnership with the UPMC health system. Our graduates achieve a 100% pass rate on the licensing exam and a 100% employment rate in settings across the country.
- Indicate Pre-Physical Therapy on admissions application.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school graduating class and achieve a 1410 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 30 ACT Composite score.
- Maintain a 3.5 or better science and overall grade point average (GPA) while enrolled in an undergraduate program at Pitt.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework required for admission to the DPT program.
- Achieve minimum scores at the 50th percentile on the verbal and quantitative sections and a score of 3.5 or better on the analytical writing section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Demonstrate evidence of adequate exposure to the field of physical therapy.
- Complete the PT Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) process as required.
- More information about the DPT program.
International students are not eligible for this guarantee.