Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree – School of Pharmacy
PittPharmacy is personalizing education to prepare each student for the healthcare of the future. The school is a leader in innovative education, experiential learning, and research. It is ranked 9th among schools of pharmacy by U.S. News and World Report. Students selected for the GAP will have a reserved seat in the School of Pharmacy after their sophomore year (second pre-pharmacy year).
- A separate application is not necessary for consideration. When you submit your undergraduate application for admission, you can either select “Pre-Pharmacy” as your Intended Field of Study in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, or select “Pharmacy” in the Guaranteed Admissions Program dropdown box on the Application for Undergraduate Admissions. Only freshmen can be considered for the guarantee.
- To be selected for the PharmD Guaranteed Admissions Program, students should have an SAT score of 1360 or higher with a SAT Math score of 690 or higher, or a 30 ACT Composite score.
- Students offered the Pharmacy Guaranteed Admissions Program must earn the following in the pre-professional courses at the University of Pittsburgh:
- A letter grade of a C or better in all pre-professional courses with no repeated courses
- A 3.25 or greater overall GPA in the pre-professional courses
- A 3.25 or greater GPA in the required Math and Science courses at the University of Pittsburgh (AP credits may be acceptable).
- To exercise the Pharmacy Guarantee, all applicants must:
- Submit the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) scores
- Submit a completed PharmCAS application
- Participate in a satisfactory interview prior to School of Pharmacy admission
- For more information on the PharmD program.