School of Nursing Guarantee
- Indicate Nursing on admissions application.
- Be in the top 10% of high school graduating class with a minimum score of 1450 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 32 ACT Composite score.
- Participate in scholarly or research opportunities in addition to curricular requirements.
- Establish a mentoring relationship with a faculty member with a matching or similar research area of interest by first term of sophomore year.
- Complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at a Pitt campus with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher.
- Attain a competitive score (50th percentile or higher in both the verbal and quantitative sections) on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The school offers one free GRE voucher to students during the junior (second semester) or senior year. More information will be available from the Student Affairs and Alumni Relations Office (SAAR).
- Fulfill all specific admissions requirements for selected graduate program.
- Note: Students offered the guarantee will be given the option of pursuing the Master’s, DNP, or PhD program in nursing.
- More information about graduate programs in the School of Nursing.