The Dietitian Nutritionist Program has an excellent first-time pass rate of 98% on the National Registration Examination for Registered Dietitians. Approximately 88% of graduates seeking employment in the field find positions within six months of graduation and 100% within 12 months.
To be eligible for the guarantee into our Dietitian Nutritionist Program, a student must meet all of the criteria listed below.
- A separate application is not necessary for consideration. When you submit your application for admission, you can either select “Pre-Nutrition and Dietetics” as your Intended Field of Study in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, or select “Nutrition and Dietetics” in the Guaranteed Admission Program dropdown box on the Application for Undergraduate Admissions. Only first-year students can be considered for the guarantee.
- Complete the prerequisites required for admission to the Dietitian Nutritionist Program at Pitt with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or higher.
- Demonstrate recent evidence of profession-related work and volunteer experience.
- Complete the SHRS Application process as required.
- More information about the Dietitian Nutritionist Program.