The Coordinated Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh was one of the first accredited programs to offer an entry-level MS degree. All graduates are Registered Dietitian eligible.
The program has an excellent first-time pass rate of 99% on the National Registration Examination for Registered Dietitians. Approximately 86% of graduates seeking employment in the field find positions within three months of graduation and 100% within six months. To be eligible for the Freshman Guarantee into our Coordinated MS program, a student must meet all of the criteria listed below.
- Indicate Pre-Nutrition and Dietetics on admissions application.
- Complete the Bachelor of Science in nutrition and dietetics (didactic) degree at Pitt with an overall and prerequisite grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher.
- Achieve minimum scores at the 50th percentile on the verbal and quantitative sections and a score of 3.5 or better on the analytical writing section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Demonstrate evidence of profession-related work and volunteer experience.
- Complete the SHRS Application process as required.
- More information about the Nutrition and Dietetics graduate program.