The Coordinated Master’s in Nutrition & Dietetics program has an excellent first-time pass rate of 98% on the National Registration Examination for Registered Dietitians. Approximately 88% of graduates seeking employment in the field find positions within six months of graduation and 100% within 12 months.
To be eligible for the Freshman Guarantee into our Coordinated BS/MS program, a student must meet all of the criteria listed below.
- A separate application is not necessary for consideration. When you submit your application for admission, you can either select “Pre-Nutrition and Dietetics” as your Intended Field of Study in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, or select “Nutrition and Dietetics” in the Guaranteed Admission Program dropdown box on the Application for Undergraduate Admissions. Only freshmen can be considered for the guarantee.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school graduating class and achieve a 1410 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 30 ACT Composite.
- Complete the prerequisites required for admission to the Coordinated BS/MS program at Pitt with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate evidence of profession-related work and volunteer experience.
- Complete the SHRS Application process as required.
- More information about the accelerated Nutrition and Dietetics graduate program.