School of Dental Medicine Guarantee
- A separate application is not necessary for consideration. When you submit your undergraduate application for admission, you simply select the graduate school that interests you in our dropdown box and you will be considered for that guarantee.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school class with 1470 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 32 ACT Composite score, or better.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.75 with a Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics (BCPM) GPA of 3.65 as an undergraduate.
- Complete the undergraduate degree within four years.
- Continue to gain dental related experiences during their undergraduate years.
- Seek research opportunities in a related field.
- Seek opportunities for community service.
- Attend yearly scheduled meetings with the Dental Office of Student Affairs to review progress related to activities, research and community service, and satisfactory academic progress.
- Successfully complete the prerequisite courses for admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine.
- Provide the Dental Office of Admissions with a CV & official transcript at the completion of the junior year, meeting all deadlines established for students.
- Meet with the Admissions Committee at the end of the junior year to confirm that all expectations have been met including: satisfactory academic achievement, general foundational science knowledge base, understanding of the field of dentistry, & demonstration of communication skills.
- More information about the School of Dental Medicine.
International students are not eligible for this guarantee.