The University of Pittsburgh accepts the Common Application and the Coalition Application. In terms of your admissions review, there is no advantage to completing the Common, Coalition, or the Pitt Application, so the choice is yours. We will review applicants from all three sources the same way!

  1. Begin your profile at the Common Application or Coalition Application website.
  2. Once you submit your Common or Coalition Application to Pitt, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for completing Pitt’s Self-Reported Academic Record, which we highly recommend. Although the SRAR is not required, it takes the place of an official high school transcript and will allow us to process your application more quickly. Please note that we will compare your SRAR to your official high school transcript if you enroll at Pitt. Accuracy in completing the SRAR is very important. Discrepancies and misrepresentations could result in the Admissions Committee revoking your admissions decision.
  3. Please arrange for all of your Official SAT or ACT test results to be forwarded directly to Pitt from the testing agency.

Learn more about preparing to apply and the Short Answer Questions.