- Online application
- Application deadlines. Your application and all required application materials must be received at the latest by:
May 1: fall term (August)
October 1: spring term (January)
February 15: summer term (May). Exceptions: for the Schools of Education, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, and Social Work, click here for different deadlines and for additional application requirements.
- Submit Your Short Answers. We require applicants to answer a series of short answer questions. If you have not submitted your answers yet, then you may submit your responses online or via email at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name exactly as it appears on your passport, date of birth, and student ID (if known) in your email. Answer all three questions:
- Describe yourself.
- Why is studying in the U.S. and at Pitt a good choice for you?
- Have you had an experience where you had to adjust to a culture other than your own?
- Academic records. This includes:
- Original or certified, official secondary school records (transcripts, marksheets, certificates, examination results, etc.) and any national/state examination results required in your country.
- Literal translations of your records if they are not in English.
- Official transcript evaluation. Note: depending on the evaluation service you select, and the number of years you have been at the university level, you may be able to send some or all your records to the evaluation service which will then forward them to Pitt. Please read the instructions carefully.
- An official course catalog and/or course syllabi for all courses completed at a college or university outside of the U.S. or complete course descriptions for the courses, modules, and subjects that you have completed and plan to complete to the University of Pittsburgh Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. If your records and/or course catalog or course syllabi are written in a language other than English, an English translation must be submitted.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results, if required. Click here for exceptions.
- Engineering. Transfer applicants to the Swanson School of Engineering should be prepared for the possibility of limited transfer credit. Transfer students must satisfy all of the freshman-level (required first year) engineering courses in order to be considered for admission into an engineering degree program and therefore may be required to take one or more of the freshman-level courses at a sophomore or higher level.
- $45 application fee in U.S. dollars. We are unable to accept checks from banks outside of the country unless they have a branch in the U.S.
Unless specified otherwise above (Step 3), mail your required documents and forms to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
University of Pittsburgh
4227 Fifth Avenue, Alumni Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260-6601, U.S.A.
Or, you can send them as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your full legal name in your e-mail, exactly as it appears on your passport, so we can properly match your documents with your application.