- Online application, At the latest, your application and all required application materials must be received by:
April 1: fall term (August) .
October 1: spring term (January) Note: only transfer students can apply for summer term admission.
- Submit Your Short Answers. We require applicants to answer a series of short answer questions. If you have not submitted your answers yet, then you may submit your responses online or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name exactly as it appears on your passport, date of birth, and student ID (if known) in your email. Answer all three questions:
- Describe yourself.
- Why is studying in the U.S. and at Pitt a good choice for you?
- Have you had an experience where you had to adjust to a culture other than your own?
- Academic records. This includes:
- Original or certified, official secondary school records from grades 9-11 (transcripts, marksheets, certificates, examination results, etc.) and any national/state examination results required in your country. Note: If your secondary record only includes grades 10-12, please submit the third year of your middle school transcript.
- Literal translations of your records if they are not in English.
- Official transcript evaluation. Note: depending on the evaluation service you select, you may be able to send all your records to the evaluation service which will then forward them to Pitt.
- SAT or ACT results. If you have taken either or both of these tests more than once, we strongly suggest you send all of your scores. We will superscore your SAT Critical Reading or Evidence Based Reading and Writing subscore and your math subscore. We will use the highest of the SAT superscore or the ACT composite score in reviewing your application for admission. Your official results should be sent by the testing agency directly to the University of Pittsburgh using the appropriate code number:
- SAT – 2927
- ACT – 3734
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results, if required. Click here for exceptions.
- Freshmen who have taken university credits should also submit:
- Official post-secondary records and, if they are in a language other than English, literal, translated versions of them, and an official evaluation of those credits (see Step 2) and an
- Official course catalog and/or course syllabi for all courses completed at a college or university outside of the U.S. or complete course descriptions for the courses, modules, and subjects that you have completed and plan to complete. If your records and/or course catalog or course syllabi are written in a language other than English, an English translation must be submitted. Submit this to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Note: The University of Pittsburgh does not accept or recognize transfer credit evaluations done by other institutions or private credential evaluation services.
- $45 application fee in U.S. dollars. We are unable to accept checks from banks outside of the country unless they have a branch in the U.S.
Unless specified otherwise above in Step 2, mail your required documents and forms to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
University of Pittsburgh
4227 Fifth Avenue, Alumni Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260-6601, U.S.A.
Or, you can send them as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com. Please use your full legal name in your e-mail, exactly as it appears on your passport, so we can properly match your documents with your application.