- Online application, At the latest, your application and all required application materials must be received by:
April 1: fall term (August)
October 1: spring term (January)
Note: only transfer students can apply for summer term admission.
- Submit your short answers. We require applicants to answer a series of short answer questions. If you have not submitted your answers yet, then you may submit your responses online or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name exactly as it appears on your passport, date of birth, and student ID (if known) in your email. Answer all three questions:
- Describe yourself.
- Why is studying in the U.S. and at Pitt a good choice for you?
- Have you had an experience where you had to adjust to a culture other than your own?
In addition, you must answer the following two questions for Pitt Honors consideration.
- An important emphasis of Pitt Honors is working for the public good. Please describe how you have worked for the public good in the past and how you expect to continue to do so as a student at the University of Pittsburgh and after graduation.
- A hallmark of students in Pitt Honors is intellectual curiosity. Please describe how you have demonstrated intellectual curiosity in the past and how you expect to manifest that intellectual curiosity as a student at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Academic records. Please submit one of the following:
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR). We encourage you to complete the SRAR rather than sending a transcript to improve application processing time. Please note that we will compare your SRAR to your official high school transcript if you enroll at Pitt. Accuracy in completing the SRAR is very important. Discrepancies and misrepresentations could result in the Admissions Committee revoking your admissions decision.
- Original or certified, official secondary school records from grades 9-11 (transcripts, marksheets, certificates, examination results, etc.) and any national/state examination results required in your country. You will also need to send literal translations of your records if they are not in English. If your secondary record only includes grades 10-12, please submit the third year of your middle school transcript. Note: Students may be required to complete a transcript evaluation
- Please note: International students who commit to Pitt by paying their enrollment fee will be required to complete a transcript evaluation before coming to campus for the fall semester.
- SAT or ACT results. If you have taken either or both of these tests more than once, we strongly suggest you send all of your scores. We will superscore your SAT Critical Reading or Evidence Based Reading and Writing subscore and your math subscore. We will use the highest of the SAT superscore or the ACT composite score in reviewing your application for admission. Your official results should be sent by the testing agency directly to the University of Pittsburgh using the appropriate code number:
- SAT – 2927
- ACT – 3734
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results, if required. Click here for exceptions.
- Freshmen who have taken university credits should also submit:
- Official post-secondary records and, if they are in a language other than English, literal, translated versions of them, and an official evaluation of those credits (see Step 3) and an
- Official course catalog and/or course syllabi for all courses completed at a college or university outside of the U.S. or complete course descriptions for the courses, modules, and subjects that you have completed and plan to complete. If your records and/or course catalog or course syllabi are written in a language other than English, an English translation must be submitted. Submit this to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Note: The University of Pittsburgh does not accept or recognize transfer credit evaluations done by other institutions or private credential evaluation services.
- $55 application fee in U.S. dollars. We are unable to accept checks from banks outside of the country unless they have a branch in the U.S.
Unless specified otherwise above in Step 3, mail your required documents and forms to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
University of Pittsburgh
4227 Fifth Avenue, Alumni Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260-6601, U.S.A.
Or, you can send them as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com. Please use your full legal name in your e-mail, exactly as it appears on your passport, so we can properly match your documents with your application.