If your citizenship status is U.S. immigrant/permanent resident alien, or refugee, you will be asked to submit documentation of citizenship status to make your file complete. Types of acceptable documentation include:

  • Permanent Resident Card (i.e., “green card” or “resident alien card”), or
  • Foreign Passport with an unexpired I-551 stamp, or
  • Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record notated with “refugee,” or “asylee,” or
  • United States or United Nations refugee travel document.

If none of the above applies to you, your residency status is likely ‘international student.’ In that case, you need to file an international student application.