The University of Pittsburgh is where knowledge begins, ideas flourish, and people work together to create a better future. And it’s earned us some impressively high praise.
Our reputation speaks for itself. But others chime in, too.
- Globally, Pitt is among the Top 10% universities and the #2 public university in the northeastern U.S. according to The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2019 rankings.
- Pitt is one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduate education, according to The Princeton Review’s 2019 edition of its annual college guide, “The Best 384 Colleges.”
- Pitt is ranked 26th in U.S. News & World Report’s “Top Public Universities” listing.
- For the 13th consecutive year, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance ranks Pitt as the top value among all public colleges and universities in Pennsylvania and The Princeton Review ranks Pitt as one of their “Top Colleges That Pay You Back.”
- Pitt ranks ninth among public universities in the U.S. National Science Foundation’s ranking of federally funded science and engineering research.