Graduate School of Public Health (Pitt Public Health) Guarantee
A separate application is not necessary for consideration. All first-year applicants to the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences who choose “Biological Sciences” or “Psychology” will be reviewed for the guarantee. In addition, applicants also will be reviewed for the guarantee if they choose “Public Health” from the Guaranteed Admission Program dropdown box on the Application for Undergraduate Admission. Only first-year students are eligible for consideration.
To be considered for the guarantee, applicants should:
- be in the top 10% of their high school class; achieve a 1360 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Math sections of the SAT or a composite score of 30 or higher on the ACT.
- Maintain a minimum 3.3 grade point average while completing prerequisite courses at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores, with minimum scores of at least the 70th percentile on the Verbal section, 60th percentile on the Quantitative section, and 3.5 or better on the Analytical Writing section.
The following master’s programs currently participate*:
- Behavioral and Community Health Sciences (MPH)
- Biostatistics (MS)
- Environmental and Occupational Health (MPH or MS)
- Epidemiology (MPH or MS-45 credits)
- Human Genetics (MPH or MS; excluding MS in Genetic Counseling and MS in Genome Bioinformatics)
- Infectious Diseases and Microbiology (MPH-MIC, MPH-PEL or MS)
Review our school-wide and department prerequisites.
Note: Pitt students who are not eligible for guaranteed admission can still consider other options, including the Graduate School of Public Health’s
Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Program.
Still want more information? Visit our website.
* As of May 2019, these programs participate in the Guaranteed Admission Program. Please contact Pitt Public Health before applying for the most up to date list.