Occupational Therapy Guarantee School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
The occupational therapy program is ranked #4 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- A separate application is not necessary for consideration. When you submit your application for admission, you can either select “Pre-Occupational Therapy” as your Intended Field of Study in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, or select “Occupational Therapy” in the Guaranteed Admissions Program dropdown box on the Application for Undergraduate Admissions. Only first-year students can be considered for the guarantee.
- Complete an undergraduate degree at Pitt with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.6 or higher.
- Complete all prerequisite courses required for admission to the OTD program with a minimum grade of B.
- Achieve minimum scores at the 50th percentile on the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Complete the OT Centralized Application Service (OTCAS) process (including experience hours, references, personal statement, and essay questions) by October 1st of the year applying for admission.
- More information about the OTD program.