Health Informatics Careers offer:
- Job growth
- Numerous job opportunities in various settings
- Excellent salaries
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Health Informatics Graduate Guarantee
- A separate application is not necessary for consideration. When you submit your application for admission, you can either select “Pre-Health Info Management” as your Intended Field of Study in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, or select “Health Informatics” in the Guaranteed Admissions Program dropdown box on the Application for Undergraduate Admission. Only first-year students can be considered for the guarantee.
- Complete an undergraduate degree (no specific degree required) at Pitt with overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C.
- Students offered the guarantee will be given the options of pursuing either the Data Science, Registered Health Information Administrator, or Health Care Supervision and Management track. Students can also select from four certificates including Health Data Analytics, Health Information Cybersecurity, Leadership in Health Informatics, and Revenue Cycle Management.
- Review information about the Health Informatics graduate program.
Health Information Management Undergraduate Guarantee
- Although it is not required that students major in the undergraduate program in Health Information Management to maintain the Health Informatics graduate school guarantee, all incoming Pitt first-year students choosing the Health Informatics guarantee will be granted an undergraduate guarantee for the Health Information Management program.
- Upon successful completion of the undergraduate program, HIM students are eligible to sit for the AHIMA Registration Examination to become credentialed as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Review information about the Health Information Management undergraduate program.