The Coordinated Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh was one of the first accredited programs to offer an entry-level MS degree. All graduates are Registered Dietitian eligible.
The program has an excellent first-time pass rate of 99% on the National Registration Examination for Registered Dietitians. Approximately 88% of graduates seeking employment in the field find positions within six months of graduation and 100% within 12 months. To be eligible for the Freshman Guarantee into our Coordinated MS program, a student must meet all of the criteria listed below.
- Select the Coordinated Master in Nutrition & Dietetics (BS/MS) guarantee on admissions application.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school graduating class and achieve a 1410 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 30 ACT Composite.
- Complete the prerequisites for nutrition and dietetics Coordinated BS/MS application at Pitt with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate evidence of profession-related work and volunteer experience.
- Complete the SHRS Application process as required.
- More information about the Nutrition and Dietetics graduate program.